Winter babies (and parents of said winter babies) don’t always have it easy. Not only are outdoor birthday parties in the backyard or the local baseball diamond off the table, but with less light and more hibernation, it can be a little harder to turn those winter blahs into party yeahs. Lucky for you, we’ve got snow many unique and fun ideas that will ensure your kiddo’s party is the hottest one of the year (see what we did there?!) read on:
2. Snowflake party: make your kiddo’s party a one of a kind affair with this fun theme. Decorate with DIY or bought paper snowflakes, set up a decorate your own snowflake cookie station, and craft snowflake suncatchers.
3. Snowman party – Frosty and Olaf are just two adorable snowmen. Get little ones to build their own snowman creations using playdoh or plastecine kits, make melted snowman slime, tutorial, serve snowmen stacked cookies and melted snowman drinks (water!), and serve delicious ice cream cake!
4. Snowball Fight !!! Party – who says you need snow to have a snowball fight? if you’ve got little rumbunctious kiddos that need to burn off steam, there are plenty of fun games you can organize with a set of indoor snowballs – team vs team snowball fight, snowball toss, and snowball tower to name a few. Top it off by serving coconut or sugar dusted timbits, and serve hot chocolate with mini snowballs (marshmallows).
5. Mini stick party – unless you have an outdoor hockey rink, a mini stick-themed party may be a bit more your speed (and sanity!). Take colour inspiration from your kiddo’s favourite hockey team, set up mini nets in the basement, serve hot dogs and popcorn, and complete the fun with a fun spotify playlist of hockey inspired music (may we suggest the Hockey Night in Canada theme song). Order custom or NHL-themed mini sticks and guests can keep them as their party favour.
6. Sledding party – burn off some birthday energy and hit the local toboggan hill (don’t forget helmets!) Follow up fun slides with a hot cocoa bar, sledding penguin cookies , mini mitts + lip balm loot bags.
7. Beach Party – it may be the dead of winter but summer doesn’t have to be as far away as you think. Older kids will love a beach volleyball party at one of the city’s local indoor volleyball clubs like Beach Blast or North Beach Volleyball, and for the younger kiddos, entertain them indoors with beach balls, kinetic sand play stations, and fans and windmill crafts. And no summer party is complete without popsicles!
8. No Nuts Nutcracker Ballerina Party – a perfect theme for a winter dancing or skating party – no nuts necessary. Party crackers, a nutcracker-inspired ballet class, and serve delicious nutcracker cupcakes with fun toppers,
9. Ski Bunny Party – You don’t need to hit the slopes to host the perfect apres birthday party, junior style. Kids can craft their own popsicle stick ski art, snap fun photos with a ski bunny photo booth complete with props, set up a chocolate fondue bar with marshmallows and sprinkles, and throw in some bunny ear scrunchies, lip balm, or gloves in their loot bags.
10. Swan Lake Winter Wonderland – if you’re feeling particularly ambitious, you can throw something like this fancy little girl party. Or you could scale it down a little with some swan sugar cookies and a swan-inspired photo booth with print out props,