You know that part in Toy Story 3 when the toys are getting so excited upon their arrival at the daycare because they are going to be played with again? That’s what loot bag toys must be thinking when they finally get dropped in some excited parting guest’s hands. Imagine their disappointment when they find themselves abandoned in favour of a lollipop, left to rot under gunky snow and mud on the bottom of the backseat car floor en route home.
Loot bags are such a nice way to say thank you for coming to my party. But let’s be real, most of the time they are junky dollar store finds that go straight into the garbage bin. The idea may be “cheap and cheerful” but they are still a waste of money (not to mention resources!) if they go unused. As a parent, I’m always appreciative of those other parents with a similar ‘less is more’ philosophy who don’t send my kids home with tiny plastic knickknacks from the dollar store . A loot bag doesn’t have to be lots of junky little things. It could be one really cool thing! So next time you’re planning your kid’s party, consider investing in less but more high-quality items that stand a higher chance of seeing some play! And high value doesn’t have to blow your budget. There are hundreds of useful and fun options if you know where to look! Here’s just a few to get you started. They are not only better for the environment but you can feel better knowing another poor parent is not cursing their existence.
3. Sprout a real surprise – and give kids an opportunity to discover the magic of germination with these flower seed starter packs. Egglings are adorable mini gardens inside an egg!
4. A loot bag sweep – These colourful toothbrushes will have guests grinning from ear to ear.
5. Chalk it up to good taste – Sidewalk chalk fun, colourful, and mother nature will do all the cleanup!
6. Fun loot bag toy, light this way – Flashlights they can use at camp, attach to their backpack or the next time there’s a power outage and you can’t remember that “good hiding place” where you put yours.
7. Bake up a real treat – Marshmallows + sprinkles + sticks = happiness.
8. Read between the loot bag lines – “I never want to see you come home with another book again” said NO parent ever. Books are always a smart loot bag choice. So many to choose from!
9. Only great hare days from here on in – Thanks to fun hair accessories like these bunny scrunchies.
10. Great ideas are in the bag – these fun reusable gift bags filled with candy or healthy treats.